If you are using the SimpleSigner from a network path, it can happen that the needed OCX files are registered wrong, because these files can be registered only once in Windows, if they use the same file name.
To fix this, you have to unregister the wrong file locations and register the correct ones. This is done with a Windows built-in function called regsvr32.exe.
To make this easy for you, we prepared a file, which you need to run as administrator.
- Download the zip-file here: https://www.stepoverinfo.net/download.php?file=SimpleSigner_Register_OCX.zip
- Unpack the file to your computer and open the unpacked folder.
- Edit the file "Register_OCX.bat" according to the instructions given in the file.
- Save and close the file.
- Run the "Register_OCX.bat" as administrator.
- In the end, you will get a success notification.
Files with the *.bat file extension are very often blocked either by Windows built-in security software or by other anti-virus software. Please make sure to allow running it.